A 35-year-old man popularly identified as Jaja, was confirmed dead after been electrocuted while dismantling Christmas light decorations in Asaba, the Delta State capital.
According to the report, the incident occurred along Nnebisi Road on Monday, January 18.
The deceased, who was a staff of Abba Solar & Digital Tech Ltd, said to have been engaged by a contractor to the Asaba Capital Territory Development Agency on beautification, to dismantle the decorations.
The victim’s colleague, who confirmed the incident said that Jaja was disconnecting the decorations when one of the wires on the street light poles suddenly snapped, touched the ladder he was standing on and electrocuted him. He died on the spot.